Kelvin Thermal Technologies, Inc.
Our founders, through their academic endeavors, have been instrumental in the development of ultra thin, ultra effective Thermal Ground Planes (TGP), i.e. vapor chamber or 2-D flat heat pipe. Being investigators of a multi-million dollar DARPA project from 2008 to 2013, they developed a knowledge and technology base for TGP and with an exclusive relationship with the University of Colorado Boulder, created and secured rights to a portfolio of Intellectual Property (IP) resulting in the formation of Kelvin Thermal Technologies, Inc. in 2014. Since the formation, Kelvin Thermal has enhanced IPs, manufacturing processes and business activities substantially with the first TGP product to be mass produced by one of our manufacturing partners by January 2021. Key technology leaders are listed below.
Y.C. Lee; Founder, President and CEO (2015 to present), [email protected].
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 1984.
- AT&T Bell Labs at Murray Hill, 1984-1989.
- University of Colorado Boulder, 1989-present; Professor of Mechanical Engineering.
- Research on thermal management and system integration of microelectronic, microwave, optical and MEMS/NEMS devices.
- ASME InterPACK Achievement Award 2013; Editor of ASME J. of Electronic Packaging (2014-20)
Ronggui Yang; Founder, Board of Directors (2014-present)
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, MIT, 2006.
- University of Colorado Boulder, 2006 – 2019; Professor of Mechanical Engineering.
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2019-present; Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Research on thermal management, thermoelectrics, modeling and characterization of electrical and thermal transport at small scales.
- 2008 MIT TR35 Award; 2010 ASME Bergles-Rohsenow Young Investigator in Heat Transfer.
Ryan J. Lewis, Director of R&D (2015-present), [email protected].
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder, 2012.
- Research Associate, University of Colorado Boulder, 2013-2018
- Research on thermal ground planes, micro cryogenic coolers, phase-change heat transfer.
- Lead inventor of 0.25mm, 0.20mm and 0.15mm TGPs, large size TGP, high power TGP, foldable TGP, and polymer TGP.